Leicester Women's Velo have 2 regular Saturday club runs which are around 20 miles long. There are two routes; one going out to Bradgate and the other to Thrussington. Both rides will start from Watermead Park at 9.00am. We recommend road or hybrid bikes for these rides. If you would like to try a couple of rides before joining the club please get in touch here. Full details can be found on the British Cycling Club Page Calendar.

Bradgate Park

 

This 22 mile ride will goes out through Watermead park and along the river Soar towards Cossington. It then turn towards Bradgate park where the route takes the group straight through the middle of the park before turning back towards Birstall. There are hills on route but nothing too steep or too long and the ride is usually at a steady 13-14 mph. The ride is suitable for road and hybrid bikes only as 90% of the route is on road. the other 10% is cycle paths. There will be a tea stop in Newtown Linford.

Ride with GPS link

 

 

 

 

 

Thrussington Tea Room

 

This 23 mile ride starts at Watermead Park and heads towards South Croxton and then Gaddesby. On the way back, it passes through Ratcliffe on the Wreake and Cossington. This route is rural and is pleasant to ride with modest hills along the way. This route is suitable for road bikes or hybrids and averages around 10-12mph.

Ride with GPS link

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now